- Annual Prize Distribution for the school
Field-trip for students
Celebration of all special days at the school
Gosha-e-Mashal School held its annual prize distribution ceremony on 10th March 2020. M.D. National Education Foundation Tahira Shaikh was the Chief Guest at the event and distributed prizes to the position holders. The students displayed their talents in a beautifully choreographed variety programme comprising national songs and tableau, which was highly appreciated by the Chief Guest and Mashal Members.
The Chief Guest was very impressed by the missionary zeal of the Mashal Association, which being a charity organization, is imparting education as well as inculcating the spirit of patriotism and developing confidence in presenting their extracurricular skills.
Tahira Shaikh stated that the challenges of the modern world necessitate the development of educated, determined and motivated girls to fulfil their responsibilities.
Voice of America had kindly donated radio sets, which were also distributed among the prize winners and also lower staff of the Mashal Association.
On this auspicious occasion, President Mashal Association, Rukhsana Sarfraz, in her concluding address, thanked the Chief Guest for gracing the occasion and appreciated the efforts of the organizers, Fauzia Asim, Farzana Saeed and the teachers and staff of the Education Department.
A very beautifully organized Mehfil-e-Milad was held at Gosha-e-Mashal in the month of Rabi-ul-Awwal to pay respect to the Holy Prophet (SAW). Begum Akram Zaki, a senior member of Mashal Association donated funds for this occasion. The girls of Gosha-e-Mashal School rendered Naat and special prayers were held for the health of the senior members of Mashal Association, prosperity of Pakistan and for the eradication of the global pandemic COVID-19.
The event was organized the President Mashal Association, Rukhsana Sarfraz. 150 lunch boxes were also distributed among students and staff at the Milad. All members appreciated the efforts of the organizing committee. Alhamdolillah, this was the last major event of 2020.
ANNUAL CALENDAR OF ACTIVITIES
- One major fund raiser per year where tables are sold and there is top-of-the-line entertainment to add value. Mashal’s work is showcased to the audience prior to the performance.
- Seminars to raise awareness on health related issues are organized two or three times in a school year with mothers of students also invited with inter active talk sessions by qualified professionals.
- Thrift Bazars are organized at Gosha e Mashal once a quarter. Everything of use to families is collected and put on sale at throw-away prices for the community. The announcement of the Bazar is made through flyers which are circulated in all close by areas.
- Winter and Summer Bazars are organized on a fairly large scale at good venues to attract people and stalls both. Mashal’s own handicrafts sell like hot cakes during these events and they also get orders for their things.
- Milad on Eid Milad un Nabi is celebrated with mothers of students also invited.
- Visits by different important national and international guests are also part of activity. They are selected for their interest in philanthropy and/or circle of influence.
- A prize giving ceremony is held at the end of every school year. Best performing students are recognized and encouraged. Those having done vocational courses also get their diplomas at this event.